Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pet Peeve #47: When people look you in the eye and do not hold the elevator door.

Really though? You saw me coming, and you let the door close in my face. It is so rude knowing people are coming, and you let the door close in their face. UGH! If the doors are glass I just stand there with a blank look on my face that says, “Don’t let me catch you on the streets”. To be honest, I rather ride in the elevator alone. It is not my elevator but my personal preference. However, I know if I make eye contact with anyone trying to get the elevator I must try my best to hold the door for them. It is common courtesy. There have been occasions when I have hit the close door button 1,000 times, but no eye contact was ever made. That is the key. You can only be rude or selfish if you did not make any eye contact. So simple. If you are making contact and still letting the door close in people faces, STOP IT! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment