Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pet Peeve #29: People with electric wheelchairs who ride in the driving lane.

Without question, I always have sympathy for anyone who has limited mobility. HOWEVER, that love will immediately go in the trash when I see someone with an electric wheelchair in the driving lane intended for cars. I go from 0 to 200 in half a second. Whenever I see an electric wheelchair in the driving lane, I look for a sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, I totally understand why they are in the driving lane. BUT, if there is a perfectly clean sidewalk I am so heated. An electric wheelchair and a car are not on the same level. Ok. Few reasons why I need electric wheelchairs not to drive along with cars…

1) It is too dangerous.

2) An electric wheelchair can never maintain the speed of the flow of traffic.

3) That is so disrespectful and I feel like you are testing the gangster of every driver on the road.

Yes, share the road, but be wise how you share the road. If a car can not drive on the sidewalk, I need people operating an electric wheelchair to stay in their lane known as the sidewalk (when present) and STOP IT! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment