Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pet Peeve #55: People who block the box.

I shall begin with a confession. I do not have a criminal record, but I have dealt with my fair share of traffic court violations. My mother even taught me how to drive at the age of 14 so I consider myself very experienced in this area. When driving not only should you obey the written rules, but you also need to obey the “respect rules” on the road. Respect rule #1: DO NOT BLOCK THE BOX!!! As adults we all should not need a sign to tell everyone to not block the box. FYI- The box is that middle area in an intersection. Blocking the box does nothing, but delay traffic. More people go on the red light instead of the green light. It also starts a pattern of everyone blocking the block, because they do not want to miss the light. All this causes is road rage, and it adds to the travel time. Please, STOP IT! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment